Crossing Guard Volunteer Opportunity
Orientation and Mobility and Vocational Department California School for the Blind.
Volunteer Title: Crossing Guard
Time Base: Part-time
Final Filling Date: Until Filled
Interested in giving back to the CSB community? Ever considered being a role model and helping other students be more safe? Apply for this volunteer opportunity to be part of the change!
Job Description: Crossing guards are provided with ample training before going out on the job. The primary job of a crossing guard is to guide students safely across the street and to be a role model in helping students to develop the skills necessary to cross streets safely at all times.
- Direct or escort pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Control pedestrian traffic at CSB street crossing.
Candidates meet the following qualifications:
- At least 13 years of age
- Know how to independently cross stop sign controlled streets safely
- Use a strong, commanding voice
- Good judgement
- Quick reaction time
- Reliable and has a good attendance record
- Ability to follow rules
- Health (in terms of ability to perform duties without supervision)
How to Apply:
Contact your O&M teacher for an application.
- No current events