The California School for the Blind (CSB) is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794, (Section 504) and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. § 12131, (Title II). These federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a disability and requires agencies to provide individuals with disabilities equal access to electronic information and data comparable to those who do not have disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the agency. In addition, CSB follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 as a benchmark for accessibility. WCAG 2.0 is known as the industry standard and it provides specific guidelines for web accessibility.
The CSB provides materials in alternative formats and provides disability related reasonable accommodations when requested. If you need materials in an alternative format or if you need reasonable accommodations to access other CSB services, contact a CSB Administrator. To help us respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of the accessibility problem, the web address of the requested material, your preferred format in which you want to receive the materials (electronic format, Braille, standard print, large print, etc.), and your contact information.
If you wish to file a formal grievance under Section 504 or Title II of the ADA, please forward your request to:
- Email: email@example.com or
- Submit written correspondence to:
Adrian Amandi, Director of CERCBVI
500 Walnut Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
Please include the following information in your submission:
- The complainant's name, address and, if possible (although not required), a telephone number where the complainant may be reached during business hours;
- Information about the person(s) or class of persons injured by the alleged discriminatory act(s) (names of the injured person(s) are not required);
- The name and location (e.g., CSB Fremont) of the institution that committed the alleged discriminatory act(s); and
- A description of the alleged discriminatory act(s) in sufficient detail to enable OCR to understand what occurred, when it occurred, and the basis for the alleged discrimination.
- White Cane Day
If you are planning to visit us on White Cane Day, please fill out the White Cane Day Visitor Form (Google Form) by Friday, Septermber 29th in order to be guaranteed a free lunch and a chance to order t-shirts. Fill out the T-Shirt Order Form (Google Form) to pre-order for a t-shirt.
- Day of Code
Monday, December 4th, from 9:00AM-3:00PM; Lunch provided.
- General Tours
Please fill out the Google Form if you are interested in attending any of our General Tour days. General Tours are available on these days:
- Friday, August 25, 2023 from 10:00AM-11:00AM
- Monday, September 18, 2023 from 3:30PM-4:30PM
- Tuesday, October 17 from 1:00PM-2:00PM
- Summer Academies
Starting June 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2023
- Registration Forms