Low Vision Services
The Low Vision program at the California School for the Blind offers support for educators and low vision students throughout California.
- free examination by UC Berkeley optometrists who specialize in low vision.
- written report on a student's vision, including recommendations for electronic magnification needs.
- optical devices for educational needs, such as magnifiers, monocular telescopes, and sunglasses.
- consultation for educators and students.
- a low vision showroom of low vision devices, video magnifiers, and other technology to try before purchase. Make an appointment with or without a Low Vision Exam!
All services are provided at no cost.
Low Vision Clinic Application (PDF)
Solicitud para la Clínica de Visión Baja (PDF)
For more information, please contact:
California School for the Blind
500 Walnut Ave.
Fremont, CA 94536
- 2023 Braille Challenge
Saturday, March 4, 2023 from 8:30am-4:00pm
- "Anything is PAWsible", Dogs and Daily Living Skills Workshop for Students and Parents
Join us at this workshop!
- CTEBVI Scholarships
Check out some scholarship opportunities sponsored by the California Transcribers and Educators for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CTEBVI) conference.
- Summer Academies
Starting June 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2023
- Fall Registration Forms 2022-23