Low Vision Services
The Low Vision program at the California School for the Blind offers support for educators and low vision students throughout California.
- free examination by UC Berkeley optometrists who specialize in low vision.
- written report on a student's vision, including recommendations for electronic magnification needs.
- optical devices for educational needs, such as magnifiers, monocular telescopes, and sunglasses.
- consultation for educators and students.
- a low vision showroom of low vision devices, video magnifiers, and other technology to try before purchase. Make an appointment with or without a Low Vision Exam!
All services are provided at no cost.
For more information, please contact:
California School for the Blind
500 Walnut Ave.
Fremont, CA 94536