What is astigmatism?
People who have astigmatism have eyes that are shaped more like a football than a round ball. When the cornea around the eye or the lens of the eye is not round, light does not come straight to the back of the eye. Extra light comes to the back of the eye. This makes vision a little blurry.
What causes astigmatism?
No one knows why some eyes grow with a different shape.
What kind of vision do people have who have astigmatism?
People who have astigmatism have blurry vision. If there is too much light, they have more trouble seeing.
What will help you if you have astigmatism?
- Glasses can make astigmatism better.
- Staying away from bright light and wearing sunglasses will also help.
- Fall Registration Forms 2022-23
- "Anything is PAWsible", Dogs and Daily Living Skills Workshop for Students and Parents
Join us at this workshop!
- CTEBVI Scholarships
Check out some scholarship opportunities sponsored by the California Transcribers and Educators for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CTEBVI) conference.
- Lowenfeld-Akeson Early Years Symposium
Saturday, February 4, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Summer Academies
Starting June 13, 2022
- White Cane Day 2022
October 12, 2022
- Winter Concert 2022 (Theme: Joy)
Wednesday, December 14, 2022 and Thursday, December 15, 2022